Paddl allows you to add Challenges to your job campaigns, helping you to quickly shortlist applicants. It gives you the opportunity to pre-screen and score your applicants with Insight Questions - crafted by you to determine the most well-suited ones for your job campaign.
Employers can use a maximum of ten Insight Questions to help them determine the most relevant candidates from the applicant pool. Insight Questions require a Yes/No response and typically form the core requirements or the skills, qualifications and/or experience the employer deems non-negotiable.
Adding Insight Questions
When drafting your job campaign in Paddl, you have the option to add an Applicant Challenge. If you wish to proceed to posting your job without Challenges, you can skip this part.
1. When you create a new campaign, scroll to the ‘Challenges’ section and click “Add Challenge”. Click on Questions - Insight to start typing your questions.
2. Type your question into the text field. Be aware that Applicants can only select yes or no (so make sure you're only asking yes or no questions)
3. Select the correct response - i.e. Yes or No. If an Applicant that selects this response, will be awarded a point to their total Application score.
Tip: Phrase some of your Insight Questions so that the correct answer is “No” such as in the example below.
4. Add up to 10 insight questions and hit “save”. You’ll still be able to edit them after this step.
5. Once your Insight Questions are saved, hit “Post and Pay” to set your campaign live!
Keep in mind that Insight Questions cannot be altered once your campaign is set live so make sure that you’re happy with them before you finalise it.
If there is a particular question you want applicants to respond to in more detail than a yes/no response, include clear instructions in the job details section asking applicants provide details in the cover note. You could even use an Insight Question to ask “Have you responded to xxxx question in your cover note?”